It’s long past bedtime – the sensible boys and girls are pyjama-clad and ready for their beauty sleep. You, on the other hand, are several proseccos in and just hitting your stride. But where to go? Here are Luxury Cheshire’s recommendations for after-hours cocktails, dancing and celeb spotting.
The Bubble Room, Alderley Edge
Probably one of Cheshire’s coolest late-night haunts! This award-winning industrial-style bar/restaurant on Alderley’s well-known high street is packed full of Cheshire’s fun-loving crowd. Join the beautiful people listening to snazzy vibes from the DJs who spin chilled-out tunes at the weekend. And, don’t forget this bar has the added bonus of a south-facing terrace for a bit of alfresco merriment.
- LATE OPENING: Thursday – Saturday to 1am, rest of the week to midnight.
- ADDRESS: London Road, Alderley Edge, SK9 7JT
The Alchemist, Alderley Edge
As the name implies, staff at this sophisticated hotspot really do conjure up some seriously magical potions in their cocktail shakers! Its dark and moody interior styling adds to the sense that there could be a little wizardry going on somewhere behind that bar – we are in Alderley Edge after all! Another award winner, along with The Botanist, The Bubble Room and Piccolinos.
- LATE OPENING: Thursday – Saturday to 1am. Rest of the week open until midnight.
- ADDRESS: London Road, Alderley Edge SK9 7DZ
The Botanist (and upstairs at The Rose Rooms), Alderley Edge
Offering a vast range of famous beers and ales, botanical cocktails, wines and its very own gin list. The Botanist’s interior style is more gentrified pub than cocktail bar but love it we do, along with the Cheshire socialites who flock here for the relaxed late-night vibe. Plus, upstairs at The Botanist lies a secret venue… The Rose Rooms, which are described as ‘an after-dark emporium of curious cocktails and vintage DJs’. We haven’t ventured in there yet but when we do, we’ll let you know.
- LATE OPENING: Thursday to 1am, Friday & Saturday to 2am. Rest of the week open until midnight.
- ADDRESS: London Road, Alderley Edge SK9 7JT
The Symposium, Wilmslow
‘Live music, elixirs, ambrosia’ – according to the publicity. This new(ish) bar/restaurant, in the heart of Wilmslow, is a welcome addition to a town that has plenty of gorgeous restaurants but really nowhere else that can be described as a cocktail bar. This after-hours hotspot has latest license on our list, offering live music early-on, followed by a DJ late into the night. Should you wish, you can dance your little Tamara Mellons off until 3am on a Saturday night.
- LATE OPENING: Wednesday to Sunday 8pm to late (to 3am Saturdays).
- ADDRESS: 70a Grove Street, Wilmslow SK9 1DS
The Lost & Found, Knutsford
This venue certainly has the wow-factor! The former Old Town Hall is a sight to behold and a magnificent piece of architecture in its own right. The renovations (which must have cost a small fortune) are impressive, imaginative and have created a atmospheric space. It is a welcome addition to the town, with a ‘sexy Victorian music hall’ kind of feel about it. The Lost and Found is for ‘true socialites, the gentrified and bohemian,’ so they say! The theatrical cocktail menu is small but beautifully formed and, as such, is exquisitely executed.
- OPEN LATE: Thursday & Friday: 11am – Midnight, Saturday: 11am – 1am.
- ADDRESS: Old Town Hall, Princess Street, Knutsford. WA16 6BY
The Cellar, Altrincham *NEW*
A new late-night cocktail bar launches in Altrincham’s vibrant Market Quarter tonight, (Friday 7 April). We haven’t yet visited but we’re expecting good things. That’s because it is the latest offering from the guys behind West Didbury’s The Drawing Room, a great little bar for well-made cocktails or a chilled glass of fizz in an intimate setting. The Cellar promises the same, a recipe of fine wines/fizz, crafted cocktails and craft beers, and all importantly open after midnight. Welcome to Cheshire, boys!
- OPEN LATE: Monday – Wednesday to midnight, Thursday to 1am, Friday & Saturday to 2.30am.
- ADDRESS: 10 Shaws Road, Altrincham WA14 1QU
Regularly spotted on Real Housewives of Cheshire, this venue is a mecca for the well-heeled Cheshire party set. It is also possibly the only decent ‘club’ venue in the county outside of Chester (it’s the only one we know of). Enjoy hand-crafted cocktails and bubbles on the dance floor late into the night. Do note, the strict over-25s door policy, entry fee and sometimes queues on the door.
- LATE OPENING: Open Friday and Saturdays only – 9pm to 2.30am (last entry 1am).
- ENTRY FEE: £10 on the door after 10pm. Free if you arrive between 9pm and 10pm.
- ADDRESS: 161 Ashley Road, Hale WA15 9SD